Saturday, December 22, 2007

Listening to stories about death.. touches you deep inside, but watching someone dying infront of you.. to witness such event, is waaaay much more hitting.


At the hospital, spending some days in the intensive care unit, any one would witness the death of some patients. In Dubai, the family members are allowed to spend all day long with their patient even if it was in the intensive care unit. So, years ago i was there with my grandma for a quite long time.. saw other patients.. talked to them and their families.. cheked on them some even laughed and said jokes together. One after one.. passed away.


Families crying, some were prepared already. ME oh me .. I was sneaking to see that dead woman or man.. torturing myself more.. some were face covered.. some looked just like asleep. I was devastated.


Of course that made me think more about death. Do they really see a tunnel with a strong light at the end and thats it? or do they see flashes of their lives? Or they only see Ezrae'el and his gang? (esta'3far allah) Is it painful when the soul leaves the body? Only dead people can answer those questions.


That kid, next to my grandma room, I used to visit him , and do funny faces behind the window between the two rooms. He was so young and too ill, i didnt really know what was his condition, but i guess it was a unique illness. The day after his surgery, doctors and nurses rushed to his room.. he was bleeding from his nose and ears, I was watching from the window.. they closed cutrain, but i still could see his face through a narrow angle. He saw me.. and kept staring at me and me staring at him, doctors seemed helpless, mother was outside without any expression. He was laying back and relaxed.. bleeding as well.. doctors were around him, blocking my sight sometimes but still we were staring at each other. He passed away. I left Dubai back to Kuwait.


Did he see the tunnel! Did he see his mom and dad! Did he see Ezrae'el! Or all he did saw was me!

May all of them rest in peace.

Labels:

 
posted by Loura at 3:37 AM |


11 Comments:


At 5:16 AM, Blogger SAudiGuy

very touchy...

keep writing...
just type... whatever you feel... don't think...
and don't forget to save all your blogs... who knows.. you might publish it some day :)

till that day.. i will keep checking your blogs :)

yours...
SA

 

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Loura

Sweetest Saudi Guy
Thanx for following up my blog, i keep thanking u lol. I just want u yo know that i appreciate it.

 

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

wow.u touched my heart

 

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Sheeesh that is scary.
I guess we will all know the answer to that when our time comes.

 

At 11:07 PM, Blogger الخيلاء

losing someone.. is one of the most painful experience that we go through in life ..

 

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Loura

Pink
Thanx for passing by, Cause i was telling the truth as it was, without exaggerations. Truth is always touching.

 

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Loura

Blue dress,
Yes it was scary, and i couldnt stop staring at him, although i didnt want to.

 

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Loura

Blue dress
And thank you for reading and commenting :)

 

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Loura

Al-Khaila'
Thanks for your time, and i totally agree with you.. to lose someone specially out of the blue, is too much painful, reminds us to cherish the existance of our beloved ones showing them our love.

 

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Don't forget that death is also a part of life. Allah yir7am iljamee3.

 

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Loura

3baid
3baid, true.. ameen.